Most individuals prefer to hire a good pest control company to control the pests that live in and around commercial buildings and homes. Such services are usually categorized into two: general pest control and termite control.
The general pest control deals with bats, birds, rats, mice, chiggers, clover mites, centipedes, millipedes, pillbugs, sowbugs, carpet beetles, cloth moths, silverfish, ticks, wasps/bees, fleas, and ants. The termite pest control, on the other hand, focuses on termites alone. These different pests require various management techniques, and this is a factor in their behavior and biology.
Selecting a Pest Control Company
The selection process for a pest control company in Orlando is as crucial as the other kinds of professional services. The following is a comprehensive guideline:
It is important for any business or person that is dealing with pest control to be licensed. In fact, they ought to have a certified applicator license and a business license. Verify this before you hire one.
A good pest control company ought to provide the client with a number of documents before they begin the application. They include the following:
- Contacts for different agencies that can respond to queries concerning potential adverse health effects of the process.
- Consumer information sheets that have the applicator’s information.
- The pesticide that is going be utilized, as well as safety precautions that must be adhered to reduce exposure.
- Proposed date of the application.
Serious pest control companies utilize Integrated Pest Management (IPM) program that comprises of routine monitoring. It should be genuine with the aspects, such as availability of non-chemical alternatives, the extent of problem, and pests to be controlled.
Find out if the pest control company that you are interested in hiring have any complaints. You can make inquiries from local consumer offices or friends/neighbors that have dealt with a particular company.
Reliable companies that offer pest control services usually guarantee their work. If they do not then there is a need to be afraid. Furthermore, research on what you have to do to keep your end of the bargain about guaranteed work.
Pest Control Association
Select a company that is affiliated with a professional pest control association. This is because these associations regularly inform members of new developments in pest control regulations, research, training, safety, and techniques. A company that is part of such an association is one that values quality.
There are numerous benefits that are associated with hiring a professional pest control company. Some of them include the following:
• Professional pest control services have a wealth of experience. They attend on-going training, and are more familiar with an array of treatment methods. In addition, expensive pest control equipment is readily available to them.
• They know techniques that are most effective and very safe to use. Thus, you can save money that would have otherwise been used for expensive pesticides, which pests have become resistant to.
• Professional pest control services have follow-up visits that are designed to gauge the efficacy of the last treatment. These visits help to keep pest infestations at bay.